Are you passionate about changing lives? Are you enthusiastic, proactive and hard-working? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Here at Exact Education we are currently working with a fantastic SEN school in West Denton (NE5) who require Teaching Assistants to start ASAP. Both full-time and part-time roles are available so regardless of your preferred working hours, we have the role to suit you. The role is initially a contract until the end of the academic year in July, but for the right candidate is likely to become permanent for the right candidate.
The school works with students aged 3-19 who have various levels of Autism. The school have roles available across the age range from EYFS to KS5. The role will involve supporting the students in their learning on both a 1:1 basis and small groups, as well as working with class teachers and other Teaching Assistants to ensure the students receive the best possible educational experience.
It is a brilliantly supportive, inspiring and enjoyable environment for both students and staff. This is a role that will give you the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of children every day.
This role will involve:
* Supporting children with challenging behaviour and SEND on both a 1:1 basis and in small groups.
* Build positive relationships with teachers and other teaching assistants to create the best possible environment for students.
* Having a “hands on” approach to supporting children in their learning, with a willingness to interact with young people and develop new skills.
* High levels of enthusiasm, energy and positivity when working with children.
* Working with teachers to ensure children receive the best possible educational experience.
This role requires:
* An Enhanced DBS (ideally on the Update Service but this is not essential as we can process a new one for you)
* An ability to build positive relationships and a rapport with young people
* A resilient and positive nature
* A proactive approach to work
* Experience with SEN is beneficial but not a requirement
* Experience in classrooms supporting students
* An enthusiastic and positive approach to supporting young people in education.
* A genuine passion for helping young people to fulfil their potential and flourish in education.
* A hands-on approach and a willingness to engage with and form positive relationships with the students.
If you think you are well suited to this role, please apply with your CV ASAP! For further details please contact Ben at Exact ASAP.
At EXACT Education we keep safeguarding and safer recruitment at the forefront of all of our efforts. All of our roles are subject to stringent checks and procedures. To apply for this role you will need to provide documentation proving you are eligible to work in the UK. You will also need to provide or apply for an enhanced DBS certificate on the Update Service.