Are you looking to make a positive difference to the lives of young people? Are you passionate, proactive and professional? If this sounds like you, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Exact Education are currently working with a fantastic SEN setting in Jarrow who require a Teaching Assistant to support a small year 2 class. All of the students have varying levels of Autism. The school are recruiting for a full-time role for the full academic year which, for the right candidate, will become a permanent role.
The role will involve supporting the students in their learning on both a 1:1 basis and small groups, as well as working with the class teacher and other Teaching Assistants to ensure the students make progress and receive the best possible educational experience.
It is a brilliantly supportive, inspiring and enjoyable environment for both students and staff. This is a role that will give you the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of children every day.
This role will involve:
- Supporting children with challenging behaviour and SEND on both a 1:1 basis and in small groups.
- Build positive relationships with students and staff
- Having a “hands on” approach to supporting children in their learning, with a willingness to interact with young people and develop new skills.
- High levels of enthusiasm, energy and positivity when working with children.
- Working with teachers to ensure children receive the best possible educational experience.
This role requires:
- An Enhanced DBS (ideally on the Update Service but this is not essential as we can process a new one for you)
- An ability to build positive relationships and a rapport with young people
- A resilient and positive nature
- A proactive approach to work
- Experience with SEN is beneficial but not a requirement
- Experience in classrooms supporting students
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to supporting young people in education.
- A genuine passion for helping young people to fulfil their potential and flourish in education.
- A hands-on approach and a willingness to engage with and form positive relationships with the students.
If you think you are well suited to this role, please apply with your CV ASAP! For further details please contact Ben at Exact ASAP.
At EXACT Education we keep safeguarding and safer recruitment at the forefront of all of our efforts. All of our roles are subject to stringent checks and procedures. To apply for this role you will need to provide documentation proving you are eligible to work in the UK. You will also need to provide or apply for an enhanced DBS certificate on the Update Service.