Exact Education are working with a Nursery in North Tyneside who are looking for supply members of staff to support them in the Nursery for a variety of hours each week.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To work as a member of a team to provide at all times a safe, caring, stimulating environment for the children, in line with The Early Years Foundation Stage.
2. This is a physically demanding job which requires an adequate level of mobility. If there are any facts which will impede on this you must inform the nursery manager or deputy as soon as possible.
3. To provide a wide variety of activities for the children that is suitable to their individual stages of development.
4. To ensure that child records, such as learning diaries/next steps and individual folders are kept up to date.
5. To build up relationships with the parents in order to reduce the division between home and nursery for the child.
6. To ensure the provision of high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history.
7. To ensure the maintenance of adequate standards of cleanliness and hygiene for the children attending the nursery. This includes changing nappies and toilet training.(see procedures)
8. To undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, eg. Cleansing of equipment etc and the cleaning of rooms. Ensuring the nursery is kept clean and tidy.
9. Also to keep up to date with the Health and Safety at work Act.
10. To record accidents/incidents on the correct forms.
11. To always ensure that someone known and agreed by the nursery and parent, collects the child.
12. To accompany small groups of children on regular local outings. E.g. To the shops, park etc.