Exact Education are advertising on behalf of a fantastic primary school in Durham (DH7) who are looking for a HLTA to cover PPA until the end of summer. It will be working Monday to Friday. The daily rate would start at £90.
Job responsibilities include:
* Plan, prepare and deliver learning to individuals, small groups and/or classes modifying and adapting activities to advance pupils’ learning as necessary within agreed systems of supervision;
* Be aware of and work within school policies and procedures;
* Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment and use this knowledge and understanding to extend and challenge pupil’s learning;
* Work collaboratively with staff and other relevant professionals and provide information about pupils as appropriate;
* Use teaching and learning objectives to plan, evaluate and differentiate lessons/work plans as appropriate within agreed systems of supervision;
* Assess the needs of pupils and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support and advance pupils’ learning;
* Plan and implement strategies to support pupils in their social development and their emotional well-being, dealing with and following the school’s policy on reporting problems as necessary;
* Provide support to pupils in more specialist areas of learning.
This role requires:
* An Enhanced DBS (ideally on the Update Service but this is not essential as we can process a new one for you)
* An ability to build positive relationships and a rapport with young people
* A resilient and positive nature
* A proactive approach to work
* An enthusiastic and positive approach to supporting young people in education.
If you are interested please submit your CV and please contact Ashleigh at Exact!